Annual spring cleaning may be a big deal, but did you know that autumn is also a perfect time to do some deep household cleaning? It won’t be long before your doors and windows are shut to fresh outside air, so take this opportunity to remove dirt and air toxins while the weather is still pleasant enough. Here’s a checklist to ensure a thorough fall cleaning of your home:
- Clean and store patio furniture, seasonal toys, etc.
- Drain and store garden hoses.
- Wash windows and screens inside and out using Rebel Green Sparkling Glass Spray and Tree-Free Bamboo Paper Towel.
- Remove fallen leaves and other debris from your yard, gutters, downspouts and deck/patio surfaces.
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned.
All Living Areas
- Clean from top to bottom, vacuuming and dusting everything. This includes ceiling corners, ceiling fans, door tops, window sills, window treatments, walls, switches, vent covers and baseboards.
- Remove ceiling-mounted light fixture covers and clean them with warm water and Rebel Green Super Deluxe Dish Soap.
- Vacuum or wipe down furniture pieces.
Wash all throw rugs and floors. Shampoo your carpets using this homemade, natural carpet cleaning solution:
- Vacuum the carpet.
- Sprinkle baking soda directly on top of the carpet.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and warm water. Add 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oil fragrance, if desired. Pour the mixture into the tank of your carpet cleaner.
- Working in sections, run the machine over the baking soda-coated carpet. The vinegar will react with the baking soda for a naturally-foaming deep clean.
- Test and clean all smoke detectors; dust buildup can make them less responsive in an emergency situation. Replace any detectors that are more than 10 years old.
- Clean all surfaces (countertops, appliances, backsplashes, cabinets, shelves, etc.) with Rebel Green All Purpose Spray.
- Remove expired items from the pantry, refrigerator and freezer and wipe all surfaces completely.
- Pull refrigerator away from wall, cleaning behind and underneath it. Dust the condenser coils, too!
- Use Rebel Green Fruit & Veggie Clean to scrub your autumn harvest farmer’s market finds.
- Launder all bedding using USDA-certified organic Rebel Green Fresh Laundry Detergent.
- Declutter and organize closets. Donate any clothing not worn in the last two years.
- Flip or rotate mattresses for even wear.
- Spray mattresses with Rebel Green Fresh Linen Spray for a fresh-smelling surface. Allow to dry before making the bed.
- Clean all surfaces, including the tub and shower, toilet (inside and out), sink, countertops and floors.
- Wash bathroom rugs.
- Replenish Rebel Green staples such as Fresh & Clean Hand Soap, Luxe Hand Cream, Fresh Room Spray and Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper.
Laundry & Utility
- Remove built-up lint and other debris from dryer vent system.
- Clean washer and dryer inside and out.
- Stock up on Rebel Green Delicates Wash, Fabulous Fabric Softener and USDA-certified organic Fresh Laundry Detergent.
- Replace furnace filter.
Finally, if you haven’t already, dispose of all chemical cleaners in your home and replace them with Rebel Green’s natural cleaning solutions. Then say hello to breathing cleaner air all winter long!
Learn where to buy Rebel Green products, or take advantage of our current offer when you order from our online store.
Click here or on the image above to download a printable PDF of this fall cleaning checklist.