As we work hard to flatten the curve, and with businesses starting to open up again, everyone agrees, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), that if you want to avoid the transmission of disease — including COVID-19, caused by the Novel Coronavirus — the best way to do that is to social distance at least six feet apart, wear face masks and stay-at-home when recommended, clean and disinfect surfaces and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face. But if you’re on-the-go after pumping gas, at the park, grocery store, pharmacy or otherwise and don’t have access to soap and water, the next best thing is hand sanitizer.
According to the CDC, for the product to be effective, put enough product on your hands to cover all surfaces. Rub hands together until hands feel dry. It should take about as long as it does to wash your hands, about 20 seconds.
Can’t find one? You’re in luck! Rebel Green’s brand new hand sanitizer, The World Health Organization’s (WHO) formula is back in stock on our website rebelgreen.com. We wanted to make this formula available to everyone as soon as it was ready so this particular formula is unscented. It will not have the great essential oil blends our household cleaners and laundry detergents are known for. We love products scented with our essential oil blends as much as you do and are working hard to bring you a scented hand sanitizer kissed with essential oils soon.
According to WHO, these alcohol-based handrubs are a known means for rapidly and effectively inactivating a wide array of potentially harmful microorganisms on hands. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention recommends using a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
Key Times to Wash Hands
You can help yourself and your loved ones stay healthy by washing your hands often, especially during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs. The CDC recommends these key times to wash hands:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you should also clean hands:
- After you have been in a public place and touched an item or surface that may be frequently touched by other people, such as door handles, tables, gas pumps, shopping carts, or electronic cashier registers/screens, etc.
- Before touching your eyes, nose, or mouth because that’s how germs enter our bodies.
Why might the type of bottle change from shipment to shipment?
*Actual packaging and dispensers may be different than shown due to national packaging shortages. You might be surprised by a new color or top but rest assured it’s the same formula- just a unique combination you may not see again.*
Will you still continue to offer Rebel Green’s original gel based hand sanitizer formula?
We will also continue to offer our original Rebel Green Hand Sanitizer formula with Peppermint and Lemon essential oils on our website as soon as it’s back in stock. The original formula has 65.2% Denatured Dehydrated Alcohol. This formula is also gentle on skin and formulated with the benefits of aloe. It is designed to keep your hands moisturized after heavy use. Free of Synthetic Fragrances, Phthalates, Parabens and Sulfates. Plant based and vegan.
Use Hand Sanitizer When You Can’t Use Soap and Water
Sanitizers can quickly reduce the number of germs on hands in many situations. However:
- Sanitizers do not get rid of all types of germs.
- Hand sanitizers may not be as effective when hands are visibly dirty or greasy.
- Hand sanitizers might not remove harmful chemicals from hands like pesticides and heavy metals.
Caution! Swallowing alcohol-based hand sanitizers can cause alcohol poisoning if swallowed. Keep it out of reach of young children and supervise their use.
At Rebel Green, our mission has always been to provide you with safer household cleaners to protect your family and the planet. Stay healthy during these challenging times!
We thank all of our customers for their patience and support. We are all in this together.